Thinking of popping the question? Be prepared to pay the price, two recent studies have shown that he average cost of a wedding in Australia is now at around $40,000.
Yep that's a forty, not a four, not a fourteen, a forty. And that's only the average, the middle of the road, that's not even an all out huge fancy wedding.
Fund Your Big Day With A Wedding Loan
Don't runaway yet though! If you are worried about how you're going to fund this big day, there are plenty of options available if you don't have enough cash handy.
There's the old fashion tradition of going to your parents for money, but that won't work for everyone. Depending on your financial situation, getting a wedding loan could be an option to consider. But this is one part of the planning that you should not rush. Spouses should make this decision together - financial issues can cause a lot of problems in a marriage, so don't let it start before you even get to the big day!
We don't list every personal loan, but you can compare a selection of personal loans on MoneyBuddy.
Still finding it hard to believe that a wedding could cost that much?
Well we've made a list of all the usual inclusions in the average wedding, so you will see how fast everything adds up.
It's also handy if you are about to start planning your own wedding, to make sure you don't forget anything, or leave anything out of the budget.
Wedding Costs Breakdown
To help you with your planning, we've broken up the costs into 5 main areas. Pre-Wedding Costs, The Bride's Costs, The Groom's Costs, Wedding Day Costs, and Post-Wedding Costs.
Pre Wedding Costs
- Engagement Ring
- Wedding Bands
- Don't forget to budget for: Insurance.
- For the engagement party, and the wedding.
- Don't forget to budget for: Thank you notes, envelopes, postage.
- Engagement party
- Hens & Bucks Parties
- Bridal Shower
- Don't forget to budget for: Venue hire, drinks, food, transport, accommodation.
The Bride's Costs
- Wedding Dress
- Bridesmaids Dresses
- Flowergirl Dresses
- Don't forget to budget for: Accessories, shoes, hairpieces, dry cleaning, preservation of the wedding dress.
- Make up
- Spray tans?
- Don't forget to budget for: Bridesmaids and flowergirls.
The Groom's Costs
- Don't forget to budget for: Cufflinks, shoes, shirts, ties.
Wedding Day Costs
- Marriage Celebrant/Minister
- Venue Hire/Church Donation
- Don't forget to budget for: Marriage Licence.
- Venue hire
- Furniture hire
- Food & Drink
- Don't forget to budget for: Eating utensils, linen, placecards, bombonieres.
Flowers & Decorations
- For the ceremony
- For the reception
- Brides bouquet
- Bridesmaids bouquets
- Flowergirls petals or bouquet
- Don't forget to budget for: Preservation of the bouquet.
- Professional hire
- Main cake
- Extra serving cake
- Don't forget to budget for: Cake boxes.
- To and from the ceremony
- To and from the reception
- Don't forget to budget for: Transport from the reception to the hotel on your wedding night.
- Don't forget to budget for: Breakfast, transport from the hotel.
- Airport transfers
- Don't forget to budget for: Passports, travel insurance, spending money.
That's everything, as you can see, there are a lot of things to pay for. The price can easily skyrocket without a budget.
Even if you're a great budgeter and manage to get the price down way below the average $40,000, you might still need help funding your wedding.
Compare a selection of personal loans on MoneyBuddy.