American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card
The American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card has all the features of a high-end credit card and an annual fee to match. You get extra Platinum cards for no extra cost, free travel insurance and Platinum Priority service. Now also offering 0.99% p.a on balance transfers for the first 6 months! If you take up that balance transfer offer there is a one-off 1% credit plan establishment fee. If you apply before June 30th 2015 you will receive 10,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points1 on approval and if you spend $500 on your Card within the first 2 months of Card membership. This offer excludes existing Cardmembers or previous Cardmembers who have held any American Express Card in the last 12 months. Also for new American Express Card members is a limited time offer of free enrollment into the Ascent Program - saving $80!
Card class AMEX
Card type Credit card
The cool stuff: features
Reward program Yes
Reward program name American Express Ascent Program
Reward program details Earn 3 points per dollar spent at major supermarkets. Earn 2 points per dollar at major petrol stations. Earn 1 point per dollar on all other purchases (some exclusions apply)Redeem points for flights, gift cards, or even creit on your account.The card also gives you access to deals and discounts from the American Express Selects program.
Reward program terms Terms & Conditions found on americanexpress.com/au.
Additional card holder Yes
Add. card holder details Free supplementary card
Purchase security Yes
Extended warranty -
International travel insurance Yes
Online access No
Phone access No
The Facts & Figures
Purchase rate p.a. 20.74%
Cash advance rate p.a. -
Introductory purchase rate p.a. -
Introductory purchase rate period (months) -
Introductory balance transfer period (months) 6
Balance transfer rate p.a. -
Introductory balance transfer rate p.a. 0.99%
Interest free days 55 days
Minimum repayment 2.5% or $30
Min. credit $3,000
Max. credit -
Cash advance limit -
Cash advance limit period
The ugly stuff: fees
Reward program fee $0
Late payment fee $30
Atm fee -
International transaction fees -
All product information comes from the product provider or an affiliate and to the best of our knowledge is correct at time of publishing. MoneyBuddy endeavours to keep product information up to date however we cannot be responsible for changes made to this information by product providers and/or inaccurate information obtained from a product provider. We recommend that you check the accuracy of all information provided on this website with the product provider. MoneyBuddy earns a referral fee from redirecting website users to a product provider's website. Further details are provided in relation to specific product information. Website users have no obligation to apply for a product or service that they may be referred to by this website.
Warning: These comparison rates are true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
American Express says
10,000 Membership Rewards points when you apply by 30th June & a complimentary free domestic flight every year!
- 0.99% p.a for balance transfers for 6 months
- 10,000 bonus points
- NO annual fee for the first year!
- Free travel insurance
- Access your account worldwide
- Earn up to 3 rewards points per dollar
- Free domestic return flight each year
- 0.99% p.a for Balance Transfers for 6 months
- 7,500 bonus points
- No annual fee for the first year!
- Platinum Priority Service
- Free Travel Insurance
- Free Supplementary Card
- Earn up to 3 Points per dollar spent
- Free Return Domestic Flight Each Year!
Terms & conditions
1. The American Express® Platinum Edge Credit Card will have a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year of Card Membership. After the first year, the annual fee for the Basic Card will be $195. Offer only available to new Platinum Edge Credit Card Members who apply by June 30th 2015, and are approved. Card Members who wish to convert their existing American Express account to Platinum Edge will not be eligible for the offer. There is no annual fee for up to 4 Additional Cards. This offer excludes existing or previous Card Members who have held any American Express Card in the last 12 months. 2. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by June 30th 2015, are approved and spend $500 on their new card in the first 2 months of Card Membership. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer. 10,000 Membership Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member's account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.